Math Fun at Home
Math is an important part of everything you do, whether it’s eating, traveling or playing games. Try these cool activities at home – or wherever you go to keep the learning going even away from school.
- Click here for printable and interactive games that are easy to use and that make math fun.
Click the title to view the activity. Click the column headers to sort that column.
|Activity Type||Title||Concept Area||Grade Levels|
|FAMILY FUN AT HOME||Growth Spurt||Measurement||3,4|
|FAMILY FUN AT HOME||Household Measurements||Measurement||3,4|
|FAMILY FUN AT HOME||Running Time||Problem Solving||4,5|
|FAMILY FUN AT HOME||Fraction Diary||Measurement, Reasonableness||5,6|
|FAMILY FUN AT HOME||Relative Object Sketch||Equivalency, Problem Solving, Reasonableness||3,4|
|FAMILY FUN AT HOME||Sports Stats||Equivalency, Problem Solving||6|
|FAMILY FUN AT HOME||Claim Jumper||Equivalency, Problem Solving||3,4,5,6|
|FUN AT HOME WITH KIDS||Tall Order||Measurement, Reasonableness||3,4,5,6|
|FUN AT HOME WITH KIDS||You've Been Served||Equivalency, Reasonableness||3,4,5,6|
|FUN AT HOME WITH KIDS||Can You Take the Heat?||Equivalency, Reasonableness||3,4,5,6|
|FUN AT HOME WITH KIDS||Fast Breaks||Measurement, Problem Solving||3,4,5,6|
|FUN AT HOME WITH KIDS||Money Measurement||Measurement, Reasonableness||3,4,5,6|
|MATH CARD GAMES||4 Card Draw||Problem Solving||3, 4|
|MATH CARD GAMES||5 Card Subtraction||Problem Solving||3, 4|
|MATH CARD GAMES||3 Card Draw||Problem Solving||3, 4|
|MATH CARD GAMES||5 Card Multiplication||Problem Solving||6|
|OUT ON THE TOWN||Best Value||Measurement, Reasonableness||5,6|
|OUT ON THE TOWN||Jersey Multiplication||Problem Solving||3,4,5,6|
|VACATION FUN||Round Trip||Measurement, Problem Solving, Reasonableness||6|
|VACATION FUN||To Check or Not to Check||Measurement||5,6|
|VACATION FUN FOR KIDS||Timed Travel||Measurement, Reasonableness||5,6|
|VACATION FUN FOR KIDS||Luggage Check||Reasonableness||5,6|
- Math Projects: 50 Hands-On Projects That Correlate to Specific Math Concepts and NCTM Standards Grades 5-8 by Joyce A. Stulgis-Blalock, Mark Twain Media/Carson-Dellosa Publishing Company, Inc.
- Out & About Math: Hands-On Activities That Connect Math Skills With Real-Life Applications
- From Your Friends at The Mailbox, Grades 5-6
- Math Games & Activities With Cards, by Charles Lund